Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bitterblue, By Kristin Cashore

Bitterblue
Sequel to Gracling
see previous post



I was fascinated by Cashore's strong characters in Graceling, so I was hoping I would find that kind of strength and smartness in Bitterblue.  I am slightly disappointed.  Bitterblue had moments where I was beginning to care about her and rooting for her, but mostly I was spending my energy hoping she would get a clue.  Gracling had so much action and passion, that Bitterblue seems dull in comparison.  You get glimpses of Katsa and Po's continued story- but you are watching from afar, so it loses it's impact- like watching a silent movie.  I gave the story 3 stars, because it is not all bad.  The plot is very developed and will keep you guessing.  There is a brief escapade that provides action and a touch of passion.  Not horrible, just not Gracling.

No comments:

Post a Comment